The holidays are over and the new year is officially here!
If your new years resolution is to get out and see what's going on in North County, Patch has you covered.
Start the new year off swing dancing in Cardiff by the Sea or go musuem hopping throughout North County.
Here are five must things to see and do this weekend.
Click on the links for more information.
- What's Up: Bust out your dancing shoes and swing on over to
- Where: Elks Lodge, 1393 Windsor Rd, Cardiff By the Sea.
- When: Friday, Jan. 4 from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Price: $10.
- What's Up: The last day of the exhibit, the Oceanside Museaum of Art will feature an exhibition tour, live demonstration of creature development, and closing reception.
- Where: Oceanside Museum of Art, 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Price: Tour and Demonstration is $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers. Closing reception is free to members and $10 for nonmembers.
- What's Up: The BIG Exchange will give their members the chance to check out other musuems. There are 15 participating museums throughout San Diego.
- Where: Participating museums in North County and San Diego. North County museums include California Surf Museum, Lux Art Institute, Museum of Making Music, Oceanside Museum of Art, and San Diego Botanic Garden.
- When: Jan. 5 to 13.
- Price: Free or reduced pricing for members of participating musuems.
- What's Up: Read to your favorite four legged friend and bring your dog to the library for an afternoon of story time.
- Where: Dove Library, 1775 Dove Ln, Carlsbad.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Guitarist Peter Sprague will bring his style of modern jazz to Encinitas.
- Where: Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Dr, Encinitas.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Price: Free.