Kick off the first weekend in February with some artsy fun!
North County will have events for art goers and activity seekers alike.
Listen to live music in Carlsbad, peek at a new art exhibition in Oceanside, or encounter robots in Encinitas.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: Local Flavor: Sounds Like San Diego will feature an intimate concert setting. Enjoy an evening with local artists, food, and drink.
- When: 6 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1.
- Where: Musuem of Making Music, 5790 Armada Dr, Carlsbad.
- Price: $20.
- What's Up: Calavera Hills Middle School's drama department will present The Bully Plays. The group of short plays hope to enlighten the audience about the epidemic of bullying.
- When: 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1 or 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Carlsbad Community Cultural Arts Center, 3557 Lancer Way, Carlsbad.
- Price: $5.
- What's Up: When science and technology come together, it creates the world of robots. An interactive robotics showcase will feature engineering, science and math technologies.
- When: 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Dr, Encinitas.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: James Hubbel's art is a mixture of architecture, stained-glass, sculpture, mosaic, painting, drawing and poetry. Opening reception will give art goers a preview of the upcoming exhibit.
- When: 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Oceanside Museum of Art, 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside.
- Price: $10 non-members, free for members.
- What's Up: Get your kook and run on! The annual Cardiff Kook Run will have a 10K or 5K race.
- When: 10K starts at 8:30 a.m. and 5K at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 3.
- Where: Moonlight State Beach, 400 Moonlight Ln, Encinitas.
- Price: 10K is $49.00 or 5K is $39.00.
- What's Up: Two classical ensembles will hit the stage in Carlsbad. Zephyrus Winds and Vanstrum/Bak/White will cover renaissance through romantic musical compositions.
- When: 2 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 3.
- Where: Carlsbad City Library, Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium, 1775 Dove Ln, Carlsbad
- Price: Free.