Now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are officially over, take a break from shopping and head out the door.
The first weekend of December will have action-packed activities for the entire family.
Bring the family pup to a dog wash in Encinitas or head to Carlsbad for pony rides and cookie decorating.
Here are five must-see and things to do in North County this weekend.
Click on the links for more information.
- What's up: Students ages 9-16 will compete in the first ever Lego League Championships.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Legoland, 1 Legoland Dr, Carlsbad.
- What's up: The Animal Care Club of San Dieguito Academy High School will have their first dog wash fundraiser.
- Where: Dirty Dogs, 2107 San Elijo Ave, Cardiff By the Sea.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Price: $20 per dog wash and proceeds will benefit an animal rescue and families who are financially unable to fix or spay their animals.
- What's up: Kids can enjoy an afternoon filled with pony rides, facepainting, holiday cheer, and more!
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Leo Carillo Ranch Historic Park, 6200 Flying Leo Carrillo Ln, Carlsbad.
- Price: Tickets are $5 pre-sale or $8 at the door.
- What's up: Watch floats, bands, music, and more flood the streets of Encinitas. The theme this year is "Stoked for the Holidays."
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 5 p.m.
- Where: Parade begins at D Street and Coast Highway 101,Encinitas.
- Price: Free
- What's up: North County LGBTQ Resource Center will host their 8th annual concert featuring the Sisters in Treble with guest accompanist Tim McKnight.
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Oceanside Public Library's Community Room, 330 North Coast Highway, Oceanside.
- Price: Free but monetary donations will be accepted.