WHAT: Girls World Expo presents its San Diego Expo 2011. This one-day, fun-filled event is a place where girls 11-18 can dream about, imagine and believe in their futures, as well as be empowered to help them achieve those goals. They can explore different college and career choices with the help of mentors and experts in those fields, learn how to create a healthy body image by uncovering the facts about food and nutrition, unlock the secrets to staying safe online and in life and hear success stories from creative women leaders from all walks of life. The expo also provides a safe and upbeat atmosphere in which girls can interact and enjoy their shared interests.
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sheraton Carlsbad, 5480 Grand Pacific Drive, Carlsbad
- Seminars on hot topics, such as body image, bullying, self-esteem and relationships.
- A street-style marketplace with local vendors displaying clothing, jewelry, books, art and salon items.
- “Cox Cyber Lounge,” an online safety presenatation by Cox Communications.
- A science fair, “Bright Ideas,” showcasing inventions from local middle school and high school girls.
- College and career fair featuring successful local women from dozens of companies, colleges and trade schools who will provide information on career paths, degree programs and internships.
- A runway fashion show featuring local girls in stylish outfits of all sizes.
- An art show, live music and dancers.
- A breakfast with a keynote speaker.
COST: $15/ticket available at www.girlsworldexpo.com. $18 at the door
CONTACT: For questions and more information about the expo, or if you’re interested in being a part of the college/career fair or a marketplace vendor for the event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.