It’s Labor Day Weekend! Are you excited for the long weekend ahead? Or are you mourning the unofficial death of summer that comes with it? We say enjoy it while you can and get out with this weekend’s best bets we picked for you. Hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend.
This Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 2-5, Carlsbad and beyond have some fun activities planned. Stay close to home with art shows, theatre auditions and swim or paddle race. Venture out a little farther and you’ll stay busy with concerts, plays and a grape stomp.
Click the links for more details.
BEST BETS CLOSE TO HOME
- When/where: The Courtyard of Carlsbad Village Mall, 300 Carlsbad Village Dr., Carlsbad, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Why go: Take the long weekend and browse through some art. Like something you see? Buy it at this Village Faire Art Festival.
- Price: Free.
- When/where: , 6106 Avenida Encinas Ste. F, Carlsbad, noon-4 p.m. Saturday.
- Why go: Actors ages 6 -17 can audition for an original musical, thump, All different levels of experience can try out. Walk-ins are welcome, but make an appointment for your child-thespian for this weekend!
- Price: Free to audition.
- When/where: Oceanside Pier, Oceanside, 8 a.m. Saturday.
- Why go: Swim or paddleboard your way through this Labor Day race. Anyone ages 8 and up can register and the winner of some categories can win $500. Raffles and goodie bags are also a part of the day.
- Price: $35-$45.
BEST BETS, A LITTLE FARTHER OUT
- When/where: , 1393 Windsor Rd., Cardiff by the Sea, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Why go: It’s a night of food, dancing, art and live music. The 101 Artists Colony
- Price: Free.
- When/where: Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, following the race Friday and Sunday.
- Why go: It’s the last two concerts of the summer series. Catch Fitz and the Tantrums on Friday and swoon over Ben Harper on Sunday.
- Price: The concert is free if you paid race admission, otherwise the cost is $20.
- When/where: Menghini Winery, 1150 Julian Orchards Dr., Julian, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday.
- Why go: It’s the annual Julian Grape Stomp, where you can sink your toes into some grapes and stomp away. Bring the whole family for food, crafts, games, music and wine-tasting.
- Price: $5-$10.