One hamburger, a brew from the Russian River Brewery and several chips later I am still unsure how that happened. How exactly did the Baltimore Ravens win the 47th Super Bowl?
I am still astounded. The game went just about as anticipated - Ravens jumped out to an early lead, Niners rallied and it comes down to the final minutes to decide the outcome. Only this time, the 49ers failed miserably on four plays to get into the end zone with boy wonder Colin Kaepernick running the show. Seemed like a given they were gonna score and win the game like 35 or 37-34. Didn't happen.
I still think that 4th-and-29 play the Ravens made against the Chargers was the turning point for Baltimore even though they lost a lot of games after that ... until the postseason.
Some parting thoughts:
- After Jennifer Hudson and 26 kids from Sandy Hook Elementary sang "America The Beautiful" in the pregame show they could have called the whole thing off and I would have been more than satisfied...
- Alicia Keys can sing the National Anthem anytime, anywhere she wants...
- Beyonce's show was spectacular at halftime, but what would have happened had the power gone off during her performance?
- Speaking of the 34-minute delay...it turned out to be a factor in the game, but it seemed to only benefit the 49ers and in the end it wasn't enough.
- Couldn't help but think how much fun it would be around here if the Chargers were playing the game. Oh, well, maybe in three years for Super Bowl 50!