The Altos Research Report this week for Carlsbad shows much of the same as the past couple of weeks. Here is a deeper look into the numbers for the market throughout all 4 Carlsbad zip codes:
- 196 - Number of homes that have come on the market since June 1st
- 46 - Number of those homes that have alread entered into escrow (23%)
- 144 - Total number of homes that entered into escrow since June 1st
- 140 - Number of closed sales since June 1st
- 118 - Number of closed sales between June 1st, 2011 and June 29th, 2011
While the number of new listings on the market is a bit higher than the number of homes that entered into escrow during the same time period, it is still relatively balanced. With 23% of the new listings going into escrow in less than 30 days, we can see that well-priced homes are still attracting attention and offers. It is also encouraging to see the 18% increase in closed sales versus the same period last year.
California home sales were up by a large amount on a year-over-year basis in May. To learn more about the details of the housing market in California in May, view this video by Leslie Appleton-Young, Chief Economist for the CaliforniaAssociation of Realtors.
Call us if you have questions about the real estate market in your area.
Prudential California Realty