The Sterling-Rice Group compiled a list of 2013's top ten food trends. They include:
1. Sour Foods -Tart and bitter flavors, more sauerkrauts and pickles too.
2. Healthier Dining Out - Chefs will try use less butter and cream and more ingredients like high fiber grains.
3. Asian Infusion - Sriracha mayo is already at Subway. Expect to see more American eateries with serving up foods with Asian influences.
4. Veggies as Main Dishes - You might see cauliflower steaks and squash noodles becoming more common, as well as vegetable juices.
5. Kids Menus Grow Up - Kids' menus will focus less on hot dogs and grilled cheese and more on fruits, grains and authentic Asian flavors.
6. Local Artisans - European-style of eating coming to America.
7. Smaller Portions - No need to just order an appetizer as a meal, restaurants will serve smaller-sized portions of your favorites.
8. Fruit is the new Sugar- a heathier way to satisfy the sweet tooth.
9. All-Inclusive Menus - eating out with vegans, gluten-free friends, and the meat eater won't be an issue. Restaurants will have menu options to accomodate all.
10. Popcorn - Popcorn will be the snack of 2013--look for it in popcorn ice cream.
For a complete look at SRG's 2013 Top Ten Food Trends, visit: srg.com/permanent/2012/10/2013-culinary-predictions