Purchasing Commercial Real Estate
When looking to purchase commercial space, some basic questions for a buyer to consider are:
1. How much cash is available for a down payment?
2. What type of property are you looking for? Apartment? Office? Retail? Is this an investment property or will you be an Owner/User?
3. What is your expected rate of return?
4. What geographical area are you interested in?
5. Would you consider buying in potentially developing areas?
6. Do you intend to manage the property?
7. Are you looking for a short-term gain or a long-term investment property?
8. Would you consider using a real estate investment group or limited partnership?
9. Are you credit worthy...are there any financing issues?
To be continued...
George Bakes is a commercial real estate broker located in the Del Mar office of Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT, 2651 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014, 858-602-2699; firstname.lastname@example.org, sandiegogocommercial.com.