Being on the Nutrisystem diet during the holidays means there is plenty of falling off the wagon, but straying from healthy eating can be made up for in working out.
Here's a list of ideas to get you moving, and out of site from the leftovers that are calling your name.
- Go for a run, jog or walk. I suggest parking near Cannon road and running along the seawall past and all the way up to Pine Ave. and back. The view is awesome the whole way.
- Run or walk the stairs. While running the seawall when you come to stairs from Tamarack to Pine Ave, go up and down them.
- Clean you house. A 150-pound person can burn 66 calories in 20 minute just doing housework.
- Go shopping. It's going to be crowded at the stores this time of year so don't circle the parking lot dozens of times looking for the closest spot. Purposely park as far away as possible. More steps = more calories burned.
- Go ice skating, bowling, dancing, golfing or any other activity that gets you off the couch, out of the kitchen and moving.
- If you really want to be lazy and see a movie, see a comedy. Ten to 15 minutes of laughter can burn up to 50 calories.