Editor's Note- This is a follow-up to
The fire that tore through a condominium complex just south of Westfield Plaza Camino Real, displacing about 100 residents, was accidentally sparked by a crew doing roofing work, a city official said Thursday.
The non-injury blaze in the 2300 block of Hosp Way in northern Carlsbad erupted shortly before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The fire spread through a common attic, burned its way into eight third-floor condominiums and left other condominium with smoke and water damage, said Kristina Ray, Carlsbad's communications director.
Crews from several area firefighting agencies subdued the intense flames in about 75 minutes.
Investigators determined that a mishap involving molten roofing tar ignited the blaze, Ray said.
–City News Service