(CUSD) Superintendent John A. Roach, Ed.D. has created and implemented a comprehensive Administration Reorganization Plan.
Effective July 1, 2012, the new assignments are as follows:
- (AOE) Principal Kimberly Huesing will become Principal of both (CHE) and . Interim CHM Principal Carol LaBreche, who replaced resigning Catina Hancock, will become full-time Assistant Principal (AP) of CHM.
- Current CHE Principal Leslie Harden will become Principal of AOE.
- (CHS) AP Marjorie Giordani will become Principal of , replacing retiring Principal Steve Ahle.
- Principal Cesar Morales has been named Principal of
- CHS AP Tom Bloomquist will become Principal of Valley Middle. Serving under him will be an AP to be named through a recruitment.
- Julie Redfield, currently Interim AP at Valley, and Joe Liebentritt, currently Athletic Director/Teacher at CHS, will become APs at CHS.
- Interim Jefferson Principal Chad Lund will take the helm as site Principal, replacing Jane Hartman, who retired.
- (CSA/CVA) Principal Keith Holley will assume a new District position as Director of Pupil Services and Risk Management. CSA/CVA students and staff are reorganizing and relocating to the CHS campus this fall.
- Principal Tina Howard will increase her administrative role to include the responsibility of expanding the existing site preschool to increase revenue.
Dr. Roach stated, “Overall, the Board, my leadership team and I are excited to place this innovative administration reorganization plan into action. We feel confident that we have the best people in the right places to move forward with energy, cohesion, a positive spirit and a renewed focus on best practices in teaching and learning.”
“The administration reorganization is creative and ambitious. It takes full advantage of the diverse strengths of our administrators and features many internal promotions, reflecting the quality of our site leaders. With our continuing budget deficit, the cost savings is a significant benefit. Financial savings will be realized by having one principal cover CHE/CHM, expanding the preschool at Buena Vista, consolidating athletic and administrative responsibilities at CHS, eliminating an administrative position at CVA/CSA and using restricted funds to cover a portion of Keith Holley’s new assignment. Keith’s wide-ranging experience will enable us to bolster disaster preparedness, risk management and student discipline," added Roach.
Dr. Roach notes, “We are particularly excited to name Cesar Morales, a visionary leader, as the Principal of Sage Creek High. His appointment is the first crucial step in staffing this new school for success. The promotion of several administrators builds on their strengths in ways that will drive student achievement. Their AP experience is a major asset to Tom Bloomquist and Marjorie Giordani as they ascend to the position of site principals. Julie Redfield’s counseling background and deep knowledge of CSA/CVA will be of immense benefit as we transition this program to the CHS campus.”
The Board is currently in the application review/interview stage of the process of selecting a new District Superintendent to replace Dr. Roach who, after eight years of serving CUSD, is from that position on June 30, 2012.
The following District staff will continue serving in their respective positions: Suzanne O’Connell, Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction; Torrie Norton, Assistant Superintendent, Personnel; Devin Vodicka, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent, Business Services; Maggie Stanchi, Director of Secondary Education; Joanne Caudill, Director of Special Education; and Tim Evanson, Assistant Principal, Special Education.
Principals remaining at current sites and levels of responsibility are: Richard Tubbs, Hope Elementary; Jimmy Hines, Magnolia Elementary; Tressie Armstrong, Kelly Elementary; Robert Devich, Pacific Rim Elementary; Megan Coelho, Aviara Oaks Middle; and Matt Steitz, Ed.D, CHS.
AOM AP Michael Ecker and CHS AP Bill Lord also will remain in their positions.
–Press Release by CUSD
What do you think about these changes? Tell us in comments.