Beans, beans a wonderful fruit the more you eat, the more protein you get! July 3rd marks Eat Your Beans Day. From Mexican to Japanese food, beans are found in all types of food.
Beans are great for your health, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants. Just in time for bikini season, beans can even help with your waistline. “Beans are digested slowly, keeping you satisfied longer. Plus, beans are low in sugar, which prevents insulin in the bloodstream from spiking and causing hunger,” according to WebMD.
While you’re out shopping for goodies, in the village grabbing lunch, or enjoying a drink at happy hour, you can incorporate beans in at least one meal today.
Here’s a list of some great places to get your bean fix for the day:
- ’s classic edamame appetizer.
- Braised String Beans is stir fried and cooked with a spicy garlic sauce.
- has a wide array of coffee beans from a bold blend to flavored coffees.
- Rising Sun Burrito & Quesadilla entrees are served with black beans.
- food serves refried beans with most entrees and burritos.
- hummus dip is made of Garbanzo beans, sesame butter, fresh garlic and herbs.
- For dessert, Swirlicious Yogurt has a red bean topping for a wide selection of frozen yogurt.