Few things inspire terror in a mother like being served breakfast in bed by the kids—who knows what the kitchen will look like when your little angels are done? Pass on pancakes, ban the bacon, and have a slice of quiche with some fruit on the side. Your Mother’s Day gift to yourself: No batter on the ceiling.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk the milk, ricotta, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the spinach into the pie shell, then pour the egg mixture over.
- Bake the quiche for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 or 8 slices.