The 4th Annual OktoberWest Food, Wine and Beer Event takes place under the tents at West Village, 4960 Avenida Encinas Carlsbad, CA 92008 this Saturday, October 12, from 11-3 p.m.
Sample Chef Eugenio Martignago’s farm-fresh creations from the 3-acre West Farm in a fun, lively and festive environment.The cost is $35 per person and $40 day of event. Ticket includes seven generous food and wine/craft beer pairings. Must be 21 years of age to attend.
Menu Highlights include:
Whole rotisserie slow cooked suckling pig
Potato Salad with farm-grown cucumbers and red onions, mixed and bacon
Bratwurst: House made pork sausage with sauerkraut
WeissWurst: House made veal sausage
Weiner Schnitzel: Breaded pork cutlets sautéed in a lemon caper sauce
- Spaetzle: German style pasta made with parmesan cheese and butter
- Burrata: Fresh mozzarella, West Farm heirloom tomatoes and basil, and olive oil with balsamic vinegar
- Beets & Goat Cheese Terrine: Layers of roasted beets from The West Farm and goat cheese with olives and cucumber salad with zucchini flower pesto
- Veal Cheeks: Braised veal cheeks in red wine, carrots, onions celery, fresh herbs, served with Yukon mashed potatoes
- Strudel: German Style cake with apples and raisins
- Black Forest Cake: Chocolate cake layered with cherries
Hotel Package: West Inn & Suites will offer a special rate for OktoberWest attendees starting at $219 per room which includes: • Choice of accommodations on October 12 or 13 • Two tickets to OktoberWest on October 12. To purchase OktoberWest tickets: Call Bistro West at (760) 930-8008. To book the OktoberWest hotel package: Call West Inn & Suites at (760) 448-4500
–West Inn & Suites Press Release